Recap of 2nd AGM
Ascent NB just had a birthday and celebrated with it's 2nd annual general meeting. The event was attended by 20 climbers from across the province with a number of important issues and updates discussed. Here's the quick recap:
- Ascent NB has reached an agreement with C.F.B. Gagetown for a long-term access agreement that will substantially improve that which is currently in place for the community. It covers year-round climbing at Cochrane Lane, Bald Peak, Mt. Doug, the Quarry, and Sunnyside. More details will be communicated as this agreement is finalized.
- Part of this agreement includes the responsibility to set up a volunteer-based climbing rescue team. This will be a major focus of development over the next 6-12 months.
- Other major access agreements are nearing completion which will see more crags secured for climbing!
- Ascent NB will support the creation of a memorial boulder plaque dedicated to the memory of lost local climbers.
- Elections were held and a new executive was proclaimed:
- President - Chris Norfolk
- Vice President - Greg Hughes
- Secretary/Treasurer - Mike Parker
- All of us owe a big thanks to outgoing president Marty Theriault who's work helped form Ascent NB in it's infant year!
For a full run-down of the meeting, click here for the minutes!